Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A unfortunate sighting

Today something most unfortunate and unforseen occured. I was idly contemplating my purchases in our small-town drugstore, when I noticed something startling to my right. It would appear I was looking in a full length mirror, because in front of my very eyes was a coat identical to the one I was wearing---only someone else was wearing it.
I didn't stick around to find out who won the "showdown", as gossip magazines often call it when two celebrities wear the same outfit to an event (who accesorized it better? etc). I was a bit embarrased by how bothered I was. If it had been anything else, I wouldn't have minded so much. Other items of apparrel, such as a watch, shoes, scarf, even blouse, are much easier to 'customize' with your personality. When you notice someone wearing the same watch as you, for example, you may share a amused smile with the stranger. Not so with a coat. A coat is something you wear in all weathers, in all moods. This particular coat, a $69.99 navy blue trench coat from H&M, isn't something you can exactly change. Anything you wear underneath is immediatly covered. It stands alone. Sadly...

*le sigh*

2 comments:

  1. Awww! I am surprised! You don't usually find the same person wearing what you have on! H&M is a very cool store though and then you can just think, that other people have the same great taste as you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it's bound to happen when we all shop at the same places! I bought a great red coat from Topshop one year which went on to be, I swear, the most popular red coat of the year. Terrible. I even saw one in Canada where we have no Topshop. Luckily I've kept mine for years, and no one has it anymore!

    ReplyDelete